Friday, September 17, 2010

Space Shuttle Adventure

The following is a journal entry I wrote a few days ago. The pictures were taken another day.

Every school day I take Gavin, Thomas, and Nadia outside for one hour and fifteen minutes. This morning the boys wanted to play space shuttle in the old blue van.

(Brent, Thomas, and Gavin)
Brent (who had some free time), Gavin, and Thomas took turns being co-pilot and "driver".
While Brent was driving, we went to the moon. On the way, we passed the sun and blew it up. We went straight through Jupiter and blew it up as we were leaving.

Gavin got us stuck in the middle of space. Then he hit an alien. Emily was doing a science project and was using the front of the van as a writing desk. We appointed her as an alien.
Thomas, whose knowledge of the solar system and of geography is somewhat confused, decided to head for Africa. But first, the space shuttle got stuck in a tree. After he succeeded in knocking down the tree, he steered for Africa, guided by a map of North America.

(Cyrus walking on the windshield)

Meanwhile Nadia and I lounged around in the back seat. Nadia sucked her middle fingers and watched her brothers' excited activity with a look of mild concern.
Eventually the boys tired of their cosmic flight and turned to the tamer activity of using swings as trucks and race cars. Someday maybe they'll really fly to the moon, but I doubt they'll go as far as their imagination took them one morning in an old blue van.

Justine

6 comments:

Meghan said...

They do have good imaginations.
I think it is well writen and very cute! I love the pictures. You are good at taking pictures! (better then me any way)-Meghan-

Emily said...

Little boys always seem to have a very bright imagination. I have one brother who would play with anything he found, a piece of plastic, a stick, his fingures, etc, his imagination would turn them into people, horses, cannons, or whatever he wanted them to turn into.
It's fun to see such minds at work, eh?
The pictures were cute. Did you take them?
Emily

Justine said...

Emily - yes, I did take the pictures. I am still sort of learning about the camera - before I started my blog I rairly took pictures so I had to ask my sister which settings to use and to download my pictures.
Meghan - Thank-you!

Justine

Emily said...

Hi Justine, I did not now I was an alein! I like your pictures they are realy neat. Have fun! Emily

Heather said...

What a fun post Justine! Definitely something to bring up at years down the road at a wedding or two :-)

Elisabeth said...

Very imaginative! You must have had a hard time not laughing at some of the boys' ideas. You must be a good big sister.
Elisabeth