Saturday, November 20, 2010

New Experiences

You learn something new every day, right? And not necessarily when studying either.:)

Yesterday we found out our dog likes to chase chickens. So that day's new experience was doctoring up a chicken. One of the younger hens flew out of the pen and we found her huddled in a clump of grass. She has an open wound on one side under her wing. Some of us went out on Friday night and bandaged her up. Surprisingly, she didn't seem to feel a thing. And now she can eat, drink, and get out of the towel we wrapped her in. Meghan has been keeping an eye on the hen. We are not sure if the chicken will live, but we'll see.

Today I learned to mix cement. Allison and I mixed cement for a farmer nearby. He was setting up some new water buckets and needed to get them up off the ground. So now I know the ratios of cement, gravel, and water to make cement. Anyone need cement?
Wednesday evening Leah, Meghan, Emily, and I did our hair up in rags to make it curly. (This was not a new experience - we've done it before.) My hair didn't get curly because my hair was too wet when we did it. The other girls had lots of ringlets and curls, though.

(Emily took this picture of herself in the mirror.)

(Leah took this picture of Meghan.)
Justine

2 comments:

Leah said...

Justine,
I like the picture of Emily.
Thanks for not posting a picture of me! :P
Leah

Meghan said...

I hope the chicken lives!
It was fun to curl our hair.=)
To bad yours did not work.=(
Meghan