Monday, November 1, 2010

What We've Been Up To

On Saturday, Leah, Meghan, and I cleaned a church. Another girl we know used to do it, but she moved away so we got the job. In the afternoon we did stuff around the house. After supper my dad took me to the city to practice driving. I am pretty confident driving in the country, but there are so many more things to watch for in the city. I drove for more than an hour and even got to see a place where my dad is going to be working.

On Sunday we had some friends over for lunch. After the evening service the Young People's from our church came. The last people left at about 10:30, so it was kind of late. But I had a nap this afternoon, so that's okay. :)

This morning when we woke up it was a bit chilly, and it was cozy to go downstairs to the warm living room where the fire was burning brightly. When the sun came up we saw that we'd had a good, hard frost. We have already had one frost but it wasn't so hard as this one. Warren and I went outside to let the dog run around this morning and I took the camera along.

Warren ran and slid on his boots across the grass. Here you can see his tracks. Where the tracks start is where he started sliding. The tracks beside are from the first time he slid.

Later we tried sliding on the deck. I couldn't slide very far, but Warren could. When the others saw him sliding they decided to come out and try it, too. My mom got some video of it.
It's just about time to get the winter coats and hats and boots out. We did get boots out for the three little ones this morning. We put on their winter coats, too. Since Nadia's was in the wash, they all had to bump up one - Gavin wore Brent's coat, Thomas wore Gavin's, and Nadia wore Thomas'. They looked so cozy, bundled up in the too-big coats. Nadia's mitten was a bit wet by the time we came in because she tried to suck her fingers through it.
Gavin is being generous, handing out his Sunday School candy. That is his weekly practice. :)
Justine

1 comment:

Sarah by the Sea said...

Sorry I stole away 'the other girl' to live on the Island!! You guys look like you're having a great time :)