Friday, October 1, 2010

This and That

Today our cat got hit on the road. :( My brothers spotted it when we were going for a walk this morning. Thomas was very sad - for a few minutes. I'm glad he isn't traumatized or anything.
We have a few extra girls here for a couple days while their parents are away. We added a smaller table to the end of our table so we can fit 14 people around it plus Nadia in the high chair. It makes for a long table and somewhat crowded dining room, but this way we don't have to make anyone sit in the kitchen.
Does anyone have any suggestions for gluten free, dairy free, corn free, and maybe egg free food? My sister is trying to figure out how to get rid of her eczema. She gets a reaction from gluten and dairy. She's been off eggs for a week, and now might try going off corn. Hopefully it helps. Or maybe not, because it'll mean she can't eat anything with corn for probably the rest of her life. =(
Justine

4 comments:

Emily Wielinga said...

I have lots of suggestions..... alost 6 years ago I went on a wheat, dairy, sugar and a bunch-of-other-things free diet.... My mom and I have collected quite a number of recipes and ideas. :) You can just e-mail me. ( I think your mom has my e-mail address)
-Emily Wielinga.

Emily Wielinga said...

Hi again!! :)
I don't have your e-mail address so I'm just 'commenting' agian. :)
I asked my mom about your sister's eczema problem... she said that the key things that trigger it are wheat and dairy.
Also, tea tree oil is supposed to help for eczema. It is a natuarl dis-infectant, aids in the healing of bruises, wounds, etc. and helps get rid of viruses.... (I'm applying straight on my warts and it's working!! ya!!(:)
We got it at Walmart, and it comes in a small dropper-top bottle. You only have to put a few drops on the area..... (oh, and it smells bad, but I don't really mind beacuse it works!!(:)
I hope this helps!! Eczema is a nusisance!!
:)

Justine said...

Hi Emily,
Thanks for the info. I read your first comment on my email and forgot to moderate it. Sorry! I think my mom is going to email you.
Justine

Emily Wielinga said...

OK. :) I also found two sites this morning that have a good "flour mix" that is gluten free... I'll pass them on to your mom as well. :) Also, my mom has a bunch of recipes I'll e-mail over
-emily.